Want to improve your communication skills and strategy? Need to know how colleagues around the state are tackling an issue? Like to network with people who understand your unique challenges? Join us to access these member benefits!
Connect and Grow with Your Professional Community
- CalSPRA email listserv where you can ask and receive guidance, tips, and samples related to any issue. It also serves as a great scanning tool to understand things that might be affecting another district today but could be heading your way.
- State leadership and service opportunities to take your career even further by helping to lead our association.
- Formal and informal accreditation support for professionals who want to begin their APR journey.
- A support sytem for tough times where you can reach out and be connected one-on-one with someone who has been through a similar issue.
Expand Your Knowledge, Elevate Your Work
- Statewide annual conference with sessions about the best practices in California and beyond.
- Monthly CalSPRA Connect e-newsletters and special alerts that are must-reads for every school PR professional.
- Webinars that explore a wide range of tactics you can use immediately in your district or agency.
- Annual awards program with professional judging and advice to help improve your communication practice.
Share and Learn Best Practices
- Award-winning spotlights, a treasure trove of tried-and-true practices from the school PR field.
- Hundreds of resources on topics such as crisis, budget, engagement, internal communications and more.
- Document Portal with strategic communications plans, including examples, templates and outlines coming this fall.
What Members Say...
"CalSPRA is an invaluable group that helps me advance our district's communication and outreach goals throughout the year."
"Having access to a network of colleagues who you can reach out to for resources or advice when needing to address a particular issue or question has value beyond what words can adequately express."
"I have never in my life been a part of a more supportive, caring, courageous, and kind group of professionals in my life. When you are part of CalSPRA, you never feel alone, no matter how difficult a situation you might be navigating for your organization."